Since 2015, we have been using the performing arts to engage students with their curriculum.
As we've expanded, so too has our focus on student engagement and retention.
Our Educational Mission
Research has shown that students who are involved in the Fine Arts test higher on college entrance exams, are more likely to graduate on time, and are less likely to be involved in juvenile crime. With this in mind, we have created opportunities to engage students across all grade levels in an effort to help them succeed academically while giving them the tools they'll need to be successful in college and beyond.
The Goal of our education pillar is to...
- Put emphasis on curriculum by choosing material that students are already studying in school and presenting it to them in ways that make it come alive.
- Provide workshops for students and the community.
- Dedicated programming for small children in a sensory friendly environment through our Youth Series.
- Engage students across all grade levels with appropriate material.
- Create a discussion forum through the use of post-show talkbacks where students and the community are able to interact with the company and share thoughts and ideas.
- Remove financial barriers to students by giving them special pricing discounts to all shows.
- Access to free showings of classic works for school groups with special discussions afterwards.